Welcome to Sketchlab

Join now to maintain, follow, like and comment on sketchbooks online
Register Now

Miloyoyo's Sketchbook

Discussion in 'Sketchbooks' started by Miloyoyo, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

Hello, I don't really know what my goals are long term, for now I just want to be productive and draw a lot. Here's are bunch of random stuff to start off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AEBL and varfolomey like this.
  2. Caconym

Caconym New Member

Hello and welcome =]
    Not too bad line quality actually. You might want to set yourself small goals though, achieving goals will give you the feeling of progress in a way that just passively working might not. Doesn't even have to be learning goals, could just be a quantity of pages or similar.

Miloyoyo likes this.
  3. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

@Caconym thanks man. I guess my only goal right now is to upload every day. I've tried setting time goals for myself, or like try and stick to a study schedual, or maybe start to work on some kind of project, but I have been in such a rut lately I always bail on them after like 3 days at the most. So at this point I guess I'm just going to try and draw and post every day and then once I get that established then I'll focus on setting another goal.

more nonsense for today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Andrea

Andrea Administrator Staff Member

hello Milo ! Welcome to sketchlab ! :)
    yeah as @Caconym said, it you can just aim to develop good drawing habits first, the rest will follow, and we are happy about any activity here :)

Miloyoyo likes this.
  5. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

@Andrea Thanks. I hope I can develop a good habit and then start working on my skills. I don't really know what I want to do with drawing.

just some random stuff

[​IMG]

6. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

more nonsense
    [​IMG]

7. indrikk

indrikk New Member

Hey Milo. I love the wackiness of your sketches. I especially like the vehicle sketches in your second post.
    It would be nice to see what steps you take to creating a more finished piece of work.
    Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Miloyoyo likes this.
  8. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

@indrikk thanks man, I'm not sure if I should be doing finished work right now. I'm thinking of grinding out heads for a while, I want to get better at expressions.

lazy lazy lazy ohhhh im lazy lazy lazy NOOOOOOO

[​IMG]

9. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

boring skulls
    [​IMG]

10. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

who ordered more skulls

[​IMG]

11. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

more skulls
    [​IMG]

Andrea likes this.
  12. Beestonian

Beestonian New Member

I love these really loose and gestural anatomical explorations. Props to the squashing and stretching of forms too. That's a neat idea.

Miloyoyo likes this.
  13. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

@Beestonian Thanks! I think it's important to practice whatever it is that I'm learning in the way that I tend to draw, and I tend to like to do that kind of stuff, cartoony, a lot of weird proportions, etc.

a little meandering. I want to work more on just putting more hours into drawing and one thing that I think will help me is just drawing whatever I feel at the time. I still want to put more time into learning the head though so I guess ill just have to push through the time when I do that.

[​IMG]

Andrea likes this.
  14. Uyeno

Uyeno New Member

Hahah very cartoony stuff! Keep it coming man and if you're just starting don't fuss so much about technical aspects of art just focus on having fun and making stuff you like. Anything to build that art habit.

Miloyoyo likes this.
  15. Andrea

Andrea Administrator Staff Member

I will take one skull D:
    I like how you started introducing form to the random shapes, it definitely looks fun. Keep going !

Miloyoyo likes this.
  16. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

@Uyeno yea, that's what I really need to focus on. Ive been drawing for a little over three years now and I have no idea why I'm doing this anymore so I'm just trying to enjoy it even if it's just a bunch of scribbles

@Andrea thanks! that's always a fun exercise to do.

I figure that I'll post my progress so far and see what people think. This is about as old as last may.
    [​IMG]

todays crap

[​IMG]

17. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

beepboop

[​IMG]

18. AEBL

AEBL Active Member

Hello and welcome! Great start - you're really on a roll! Your sketchbook really makes me want to draw!

19. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

@AEBL hey thanks man

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Styxcolor likes this.
  20. Miloyoyo

Miloyoyo New Member

had a better day mentally than ive had in a while

[​IMG]

MikeWest likes this.