Welcome to Sketchlab

Join now to maintain, follow, like and comment on sketchbooks online
Register Now

Crankshaft's Sb

Discussion in 'Sketchbooks' started by crankshaft, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Ubem

Ubem Member

Love the progress you're making on the figure studies. And those 3d models are of stunning quality.

I wonder where everyone went too, perhaps everyone is on discord and larger social media sites. I've been posting exclusively to critique subreddits the past few months. I'd rather post here than grow a following just to document the less polished stuff. It may be only a few of us posting for a while.

How come you and elderscroller haven't abandoned ship?

2. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

I dont know what happened but I forgot to post these pics. The warthog was done a week ago.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

3. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

8.jpg

4. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

thanks man, I dont know why I continue to stay. Its hard to find a community of artists that want to actually grow and not just chase after likes or followers.

Ubem likes this.
  5. Ubem

Ubem Member

I agree completely, though likes and followers can be helpful for networking and building an audience for your art. But rarely is there strong feedback or a healthy attitude toward improving critically.

Your 3d work is fantastic as always, I don't know much about it so it's hard to give anything constructive. Do you think one can do vehicle design using only 2d? Or has perspective-heavy concept art completely shifted to 3d?

6. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

inside.jpg 2 line.jpg door open july 3.jpg frt full.jpg frt.jpg

7. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

thanks man. I do mainly 3d with some 2d on top as its much faster. Right now I dont think its a good idea to rely only on 2d for vehicles as its too hard to design complex shapes or perspective without 3d.

I dont like social media but I guess I gotta jump on that bandwagon soon.

8. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

guys?hello?

line 3.jpg transport prep bot half.jpg

9. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

10. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

done

extremely annoying uploading

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg

Whymrwho likes this.
  11. Whymrwho

Whymrwho Member

AWesome work you got here!! i really love how clean your work and the presentation is excellent, but the thing i enjoy the most is that you actually give meaning to the each part, i can tell it wasn't just slap on there like what I'm used to seeing in other 3d modelers. I also enjoy a nice hard surface panel when i see it, i know its weird as fuck but i dont give any shits.

Are these ingame models or these personal work? I have done some 3d myself mainly zbrush, 3ds max mainlyfor composition and perspective purposes but i never got in the realm of hard-surface modelling. Seeing this definitely got me in the mood for it.

I read that you also hate social media, I'm also with you man. I recently got my self trying to get in the habit of it, but is annoying as fuck. I want to increase my client list and i can't think of another way to do it. Atm i'm only taking local jobs, here and there.

But anyways I'm glad to see someone still is alive here. Keep posting brother.

12. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

thanks whymrwho! nice to see someone still committed. link me to some of your sm and i'll follow you :p

Whymrwho likes this.
  13. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

hello?????? guys??

1.jpg 2.jpg cart bottom.jpg cart july 22 2.jpg cart july 22.jpg cart july 26.png hot rod.jpg pivots.jpg t2.jpg t3.jpg

14. Whymrwho

Whymrwho Member

Yeah man! i wont stop until i die!

Love the recent stuff man, are you gonna model that demon racer? What software you using to make these bad boys?

15. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

village val.jpg drone2.jpg pg 2 cart.jpg tower env.jpg tower july 30.jpg tower.jpg village line.jpg

16. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

hey man im using blender. unfortunately the demon racer was just a quick sketch so i wont be modelling it :(

Whymrwho likes this.
  17. Whymrwho

Whymrwho Member

I may have some questions once i get back on blender again, obviously if you have the time. I really how clean your hard surface modeling is, that's is something that i always wanted to learn how to do. Your drawing is definitely is improving man.

18. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

@Whymrwho thanks man! give me a shout ifyou need any help!

Whymrwho likes this.
  19. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

c1.jpg c2.jpg c3.jpg c4.jpg

Whymrwho likes this.
  20. crankshaft

crankshaft Member

t2.jpg tower aug 8.png a1 aug 1.jpg a2 aug2.jpg drone.jpg scan0336.jpg

Whymrwho likes this.